July 25, 2014
In this episode I talk about what edged tool I use in the wilderness from my little Victorniox Classic to the faithful Mora No.2, to the Granfors Bruks Small Forest Axe and the Tramontina Machete.
- An Axe to Grind – U.S.Forest Service
- Knives JMHO – From Wilderness Outfitters
- Mel Gibson’s The Patriot Tomahawk Scene
- Sharpen Up – How to sharpen your edged tools
- Machete Modifications for the bush
- Types of Machetes
- Ragweed Forge – Tomahawks, Puuko knives and others
- Victorinox Swisstool RS Review
- Fort Turner Tomahaawk – Top Quality
July 12, 2014
June 26, 2014
Click HERE to Listen to the episode
in this episode I take a quick solo hike up the Deer Springs Trail to the summit of Suicide Rock in Idyllwild California. Since this is the first hike I’ve done in this area since the tragic Mountain Fire that burned over 9,000 acres here last summer I wasn’t exactly sure if the trail was even open .
I also wore my luna Sandals and a Mountain Hardwear Elkkommando Hiking Kilt and tested out a vintage piece of military gear… A Swiss Army Breadbag.
June 5, 2014
In this episode I talk a little about the unusualy dry weather we’re having, the Pacific Crest Trail and our adventure to visit Eagle Rock. This spring has been unusual to say the least. We’re having 100 degree heat and raging wildfires already and now they are talking about an El Niño Weather pattern setting up for this fall. I can’t wait.
I also give some interesting facts about the 2650 mile Pacific Crest Trail and interview two hikers we meet on our hike along the PCT to Eagle Rock. Matt and Bruce took a few minutes to talk about their adventure along the P.C.T. and shared some stories along the way.
May 3, 2014
In this episode I take a 15 mile solo hike along the Dripping Springs Trail in the Cleveland National Forest near Temecula California. Along the way I pass over the mating ground for the Western Arroyo Toad and get treated to magnificent views across the Temecula Valley on my way to visit the pines.
April 17, 2014
In this episode I relate some personal stories of unusual and creepy things I’ve seen in the woods and touch on subjects such as Bigfoot, Cattle Mutilations and Ghosts
- Survivorman – BIgfoot
- Fleming/Martin Hike Bigfoot Screams Hockett Meadows
- Missing 411 – David Paulides interview
- Strange Harvest – Cattle Mutilations Documentary
- Legend of Boggy Creek – 1973 Film
- The Outsiders – Author S.E. Hinton on location
- Admiral Twin Drive In Movie Theatre – Historical Photos
March 21, 2014
In this final episode of our Ansel Adams adventure we head past Badger Lakes while passing the River Trail to reach the High Trail. From here we hike along sagebrush plains with vistas reaching for hundreds of miles across the Ritter Range of Light.