November 2, 2013
In this episode we take a night hike up to the summit of Stonewall Peak to see the Perseid Meteor Showers of 2013. As part two of our adventure into the Cuyamaca Rancho State Park continues this episode picks up at campsite 21 of the Paso Pachaco Campground.
September 18, 2013
In this episode we take a quick day hike up to the second tallest summit in San Diego County to see Cuyamaca Peak. Along the way we hike through regrowth from the 2003 Cedar Fire, the largest wildfire in California History and visit the site of one of the last fatal Mountain Lion attacks.
August 20, 2013
In this episode of Anthony’s Audio Journal, I’ll give you all the information you need to help you make a decision on what type of shelter is right for you. I talk about the different types of tents from the standard three-season backpack tent to the four season winter tent. I also talk about tarps, bivys and my favorite, the hammock.
- R.E.I’s How to Chose a Tent
- Outdoor Gear Lab’s How to Chose a Tent
- Hammock Forums – tons of great info
Video’s by Shug
July 26, 2013
In Part One of my series about the Basics of Backpacking I talk about the backpack. I discuss what features you’ll most likely need for a multi day outing and what has worked or not worked for me in the past.
- R.E.I’s Backpack Selection Guide
- Backpacker Magazine’s Backpack Guide
- Sierra Trading Post’s Backpack Selection Guide
- Ultra Light Adventure Equipment’s Backpack Guide
- Mariposa Plus Backpack review from Section Hiker
- U.L.A. Circuir Review from GlacierGuide
- R.E.I. Backpack inventory
June 7, 2013
In this episode Gerry and I attempt to make a spring summit of Tahquitz Peak using the Devil’s Slide Trail and get more snow than we bargained for. We also scale a lesser known peak and meet a father and son team who spent a few nights in the San jacinto Wilderness.
May 26, 2013
In this episode I take a solo hike during Spring Break to the top of Mt. Woodson in Poway California to see an unusual rock formation called Potato Chip Rock. Along the way I explore the magnificent scenery of Lake Poway and dramatic views across inland San Diego.
April 23, 2013
In this episode we take a hike in Malibu Creek State Park to visit the filming location of one of Americas most loved television shows M*A*S*H*. We also explore other parts of this fabulous but hidden state park such as the Rock Pool, Century Lake and Dam.
- M*A*S*H* – IMDB info Photos and Video Clips
- Malibu Creek State Park – History & Movies
- Hikespeak -Hiking info, maps, photos
- Cliff Jumping Video at the Rock Pool- Scary