October 1, 2015
In this episode Dave, Gerry, Mike and I set off into the interior of Joshua Tree and explore the Cholla Garden, Arch Rock, Skull Rock, Cap Rock, Keys View and do a couple of day hikes out to see the Barker Dam and the Wall St. Mill
Trip Video – Video of Day Two’s Adventure
- Indian Cove Campground – National Park Service
- Wall St. Mill – Hikespeak
- Barker Dam – Modern Hiker
- Skull Rock – Greene Adventures
- Key’s View – Ca. Thur my lens
- Cholla Garden, Arch Rock – Ca. Thru my Lens
September 6, 2015
In this episode Dave, Gerry, Mike and I explore Joshua Tree National Park. We set up basecamp at the Indian Cove Campground before heading out into Rattlesnake Canyon.
Trip Video – Rattlesnake Canyon
Trip Photos – Indian Cove Campground and Rattlesnake Campground
- National Park Service – JTNP Official Site
- Desert USA – Joshua Tree National Park
- Yelp – Indian Cove Campground
- KCET – Grafitti closes Rattlesnake Canyon
August 14, 2015
In this episode Dave, Gerry and I set off on an extreme day hike to the tallest peak in Southern California. At 11,503 feet San Gorgonio is a tough climb on the Vivian Creek Trail, the shortest and steepest route to the top.
Trip Video Coming Soon
- Vivian Creek Trail – SoCal Hiker
- San Bernardino National Forest – Vivian Creek Trail
- Vivian Creek Trail – Every Trail
April 3, 2015
In this episode Lindsey and I take a drive up to Malibu California, home of the rich and famous to take a hike up the Los Liones Trail to the Parker Mesa Overlook, one of the best viewpoints along the California Coastline.
March 1, 2015
In part two of the clothing layering system I continue my discussion about how to put together a simple system of base layer shirts, midlayers and outer layers to keep you warm in the backcountry.
January 30, 2015
In this episode I talk about my exciting adventure driving through a rare snowstorm in Southern California and talk about some of the different types, materials and styles of outerwear for your outdoor adventures. From the superlight Montbell Down Vest to the heavy and durable Filson Mackinaw Cruiser Coat and everything in between.
December 19, 2014
In this episode I talk a little about sleeping bags, quilts, wool blankets and other ways to stay warm on your overnight back country adventure. I also give you some of my top tips to boost the rating in your sleeping bag.