Episode 54 Trail Preparation and the Gear List
February 26, 2010
This podcast is about how I prepare for a day hike. This includes what research I do to find the exotic locations for my hikes and what type of gear I take with me on my adventures.
While getting ready for the last hike to the Devil’s Chair, I laid out all of my gear I was going to take and took some photographs. I numbered the items later and talk about them on this podcast.
If you ever wonder what to take, or don’t think you’re taking the right things; check out what I bring on a typical day hike.
Check out these cool links:
- Andrew Skurka’s Great Western Loop Gear List
- Ten Essentials from R.E.I.
- The Ten Essentials from GORP
- Jerry Schad’s 101 Hikes in Southern California
- Afoot & Afield in San Diego by Jerry Schad
- Trails of the Angeles by John Robinson