October 25, 2016
In this episode Gerry and I take a hike up to the summit of Mount Williamson high up in the Angeles National Forest. Along the way we reach all three summits to impressive views out over the Pacific Ocean to the West and the High Desert to the East.
TRIP VIDEO – On You Tube
TRIP PHOTOS – Coming Soon
October 6, 2016
In this episode I take a solo hike up Monserate Mountain in the Monserate Mountain Preserve near Fallbrook California.
Hike Video – Monserate Mountain on You Tube
- ALL Trails – Monserate Mountain Trail
- Hikespeak – Monserate Mountain
- Channel 8 News Video – Monserate Mountain 911 Memorial Hill Climb
August 9, 2016
July 26, 2016
In this episode I talk about some cold weather options for your feet in the back country from Packboots to Mukluks to Mickey Mouse Boots and more.
- How to chose the best winter boots – Gear Lab
- Sorel – Men’s Winter Boot Collection
- Kamik – Men’s Winter Boots
- LaCrosse – Men’s Winter Boots
- MUCK – Men’s Winter Boots
- Baffin – Men’s Winter Boots
- NEOS Overboots
- TINGLEY overboots
July 2, 2016
In this episode I talk about what types and styles of footwear to wear in the back country. From going barefooted to the Luna Sandals all the way up to heavy mountaineering boots.
May 7, 2016
In this last part of our adventure into the John Muir Wilderness near Mammoth Mountain California we pack up camp at Purple Lake and hike back up and over Duck Pass to our cars at the Coldwater Campground. Along the way I talk to a few John Muir Trail Thru-Hikers and we encounter a fast moving storm system.