January 12, 2017
In this episode we shuttle down to the White Wolf Campground and begin our backpack trip stopping at our first night’s destination of Pate Valley. Along the way we get spectacular views over Hetch Hetchy Reservoir and Pate Valley.
December 16, 2016
In this first part of our adventure into Yosemite National Park, Gerry, Dave and I head up toward Tioga Pass and check into the Tuoulume Meadows Campground before starting our 30 mile backpack journey along whats known as the Grand Canyon of Yosemite, The Tuolumne River.
- Tuoloume Meadows – NPS
- Tuolumne River – National Wild & Scenic River
- Wildland Trekking – Grand Canyon of Yosemite
November 11, 2016
October 25, 2016
In this episode Gerry and I take a hike up to the summit of Mount Williamson high up in the Angeles National Forest. Along the way we reach all three summits to impressive views out over the Pacific Ocean to the West and the High Desert to the East.
TRIP VIDEO – On You Tube
TRIP PHOTOS – Coming Soon
October 6, 2016
In this episode I take a solo hike up Monserate Mountain in the Monserate Mountain Preserve near Fallbrook California.
Hike Video – Monserate Mountain on You Tube
- ALL Trails – Monserate Mountain Trail
- Hikespeak – Monserate Mountain
- Channel 8 News Video – Monserate Mountain 911 Memorial Hill Climb
August 9, 2016
July 26, 2016
In this episode I talk about some cold weather options for your feet in the back country from Packboots to Mukluks to Mickey Mouse Boots and more.
- How to chose the best winter boots – Gear Lab
- Sorel – Men’s Winter Boot Collection
- Kamik – Men’s Winter Boots
- LaCrosse – Men’s Winter Boots
- MUCK – Men’s Winter Boots
- Baffin – Men’s Winter Boots
- NEOS Overboots
- TINGLEY overboots