August 21, 2014
In this episode I talk about the many ways to carry water on a day hike or backpack trip. From the Old Bota Bags to the Canteens and all the way to the modern day Nalgene Bottle. I also talk about the old Sierra Cup, the Kuksa and the Kupilska.
- History of the Military Canteen
- Kupilka – Modern Version of the Kuksa
- Adahy – Fine carved Kuksa’s and spoons
- Camelback – Water bottles & Reservoirs
- Platypus – Watert bottles & Bags.
- Canteen Shop – Canteen & Cook Kits
August 12, 2014
In this episode I discuss the many different types of backpacking stoves on the market and their uses. From the quiet and subtle alcohol stove to the rip roaring white gas stove there are many ways to heat up your tea, cook your meal or just melt snow.
- Adventures in Stoving – Great blog on stoves
- Jason Klass – Matching your stove to your pot
- Jason Klass – How to chose an alcohol stove Pt. 2
- Jason Klass – DIY alcohol stoves
- SHUG – Mini atomic, Trangia and Brasslite test
- Nomadic Stove Company – Makers of the New Bushbuddy
- Mountain Safety Research – XGX, Pocket Rocket and Whisperlight
- Primus – Omni fuel and other stoves